The Controller General of Accounts conducts various examinations for the purpose of promotion and assessment of suitability of an employee for retention in posts. The examinations conducted are:
* Junior Accounts Officer (Civil) examination for assessing suitability for promotion as Junior Accounts Officer (JAO)
* Junior Accounts Officer (common) examination for the staff of Delhi Administration, Cabinet Secretariat and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
* Departmental Confirmatory examination for Accountants to adjudge suitability for retention in the post.
* Limited competitive examination for promotion of Lower Division Clerks as Accountants.
* Limited competitive examination for promotion of Group D (Matriculate) as Lower Division Clerks.
* Departmental Qualifying examination for promotion of Group 'D' (Non matriculate) as Lower Division Clerks.
The cadre management of Group 'A' officers of the Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) vests with the Controller General of Accounts. It covers the entire gamut of personnel management of ICAS officers including their recruitment, transfers, promotions, training, both within the country as well as abroad, and periodical reviews of cadre strength and distribution.
Click here for detailed search of Orders and Circulars Related:"Examination and Administration"